Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that

Today I received an invitation to be a recipe tester!

It's sweet to be included on that list, but I am completely incapable of following any recipe to the letter.
I have been cooking/baking since I was since age 2 when I started eating the cookie dough out of the bowl helping my mother bake cookies.

Since I have developed the ability to read a recipe and know what it will taste like, therefore I start making adjustments immediately; that's too much salt, we like things spicy I'll just double that, I am NOT putting olives in anything I cook, I don't have any of this so I'll used that instead...

I had to decline politely.

I also don't follow directions in general... you know like instructions on putting things together, repairs, etc.

The result is usually something like:




Why are there leftover pieces?
Why doesn't this fit?
Maybe I should read the instructions...

No comments: